Skip to content

Kellogg – closer without closure

January 7, 2009

I had been having this dream since the last so many nights – I get the feeling I’ve been admitted,everyone tells me I’ve been admitted,  but the status check shows I’ve been waitlisted.

The last part just came true.

Feeling sad.  Will let it hurt for a while.

My heart was with Kellogg, so I’m glad they haven’t broken it yet.  After some stellar profiles getting dinged over the last few weeks, its a bit reassuring to know that I still stand a chance. But only a bit.  It presents me with a big dilemma since I absolutely need a result by March, else I’d be headed towards the IIMC program. 

Being an international applicant hurts this year, but probably lesser than being an international student. Well, depends on which way you look at it. Afterall, the class of 2010 would still end up with the MBA we desire, whereas the whole messy situation is presenting an entry barrier for international applicants.  Things aren’t rosy anywhere. First the funding, and then the placements. Its a weird situation where the school now needs to be more convinced that the applicant would be able to get through and get out of the program successfully than the applicant himself. 

Well, I’ll never know. How would it have turned out had it been a different year when the Brothers and their ilk were still strong. 

Having said that, I have time until March. 7 days to go for Ross. What would it take to get an admit ? I’m going to go all out and do whatever it takes to get off the WL.  First step – analysing my application to understand what I need to highlight further.

Does Kellogg provide feedbacks to WLed candidates? Anyone has numbers to share (what number of WLed candidates generally get admitted at Kellogg and Tuck? Although all that stats is going to go haywire this year.) Suggestions are most welcome, if not a must.

First post of the year , and ambivalence abound. May you all have a great year ahead with tons of certainty, surety, and closure in your achievements.

5 Comments leave one →
  1. January 7, 2009 1:19 pm

    Waitlist no. 2 is it?!?! Well, looks like you are gonna have some anxious moments in the next few weeks. When do they release the final decisions?

  2. January 10, 2009 12:14 am

    Keep your hopes up through everything! Hope you hear good news from Ross, and that you can move off of the waiting list too!

  3. ahembeea permalink*
    January 10, 2009 8:10 pm

    MBAlmighty – anxious for sure. Its going to be a long, long wait.

    Matt – Waiting eagerly for the 15th! Fingers glued in a crossed position 🙂

  4. January 12, 2009 4:35 pm

    All the best for Ross! 🙂 3 more days…..

  5. anon permalink
    January 15, 2009 7:44 am

    have you not heard from Ross? I am surprised.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: