Wharton Out, Cambridge In
Cambridge Judge school in UK makes a new entry in my list. It has edged out Wharton. If I can put a finger on reasons for this last minute change in the list, I would cite the following –
– I was not sure of having 2 colleges from the TOP5 in my list, so had to make a choice between Kellogg and Wharton. Selected Kellogg as it definitely appealed more to me than Wharton. Kellogg is more in line with my other choices of Tuck, Ross & Duke.
– I probably chickened out when it came to Wharton, driven more by better chances of making the cut rather than choosing the better school.
– The ‘fit’ element, or call it my gut feeling, suggested that I choose Kellogg over Wharton. I absolutely love the programme at Kellogg, so just could not get it off my list.
– Had initially thought of keeping 5 US schools in my list, but ended up with 4. Have kept Darden & Johnson for R2. Would have brought in UCLA in my list, had it not been for their insistence on TOEFL.
– To hedge my risks and chances, I brought in the Cambridge Judge 1 year MBA from UK, as the curriculum is very impressive and meets all my reasons for pursuing an MBA. I wouldn’t say that its easier to get into Judge than Wharton, but I’m more comfortable with this list than the previous one.
Folks, please comment if you see a flaw in my reasoning and if you have any valuable suggestions.
As for the progress, I have jotted down all the essays on a single page, and am accustoming my mind by viewing them regularly. Yet to make a beginning. The pressure is mounting with every day that goes by, but I’m confident that I’ll end up with proper essays. As an excuse, I’m writing this post when I should be outlining my essays.
Won’t be wrong to call it the foreplay mode. I think I’m waiting for the pressure to charge me up to the point where the essays come right out.
Update on 8th Sept 08 – Wharton is back in my list, have shifted Cambridge to R2.